final ice derby update

skevys

Here is the final update for the ice fishing derby.

First of all let me make a correction. The first prize ( IS A 10 inch GAS POWERED ICE AUGER) by StrikeMaster. I was looking at some electrics for next year just before I sent out the last update and said it was a 10 and ½ inch electric(not)

The second price is a Helly Hansen survival suit donated by Roof Tech and the third prize is a one man ice hut by Pak Shak. I now have other prizes that have been donated by some of my distributors that I purchase product from. East side archery has donated a prize and our local Sunoco station has also donated a couple of gas cards worth $20.00 each. For the kids prices I will donate St. Croix ice rod combo’s for the top 6 . The prices are on display at my store.

The entrance fee is $25.00 per adult and $10.00 for children 12 and under. You may purchase your tickets at my store up-to and including the 25th. Start time is 6:30 am and final measure in time is no later than 7:00 pm. Any fish brought in after this time will not be counted or measured. I will have last say on all measurements. In case of a tie these fish will then be weighed (smallest weight wins.) If still a tie then the names will be put in a hat and drawn. Prizes will be awarded that same evening. I will also have a little surprise to be announced at the end of the derby.

All fished will be measured in at my store only.

All waters of the Bay of Quinte from the Glendora ferry to the entrance of the Murray canal are open to the derby. West of the ferry and in the Murray canal is out of bounds.

Just remember that this derby is for the smallest not the biggest. The walleye fishing , I’m sure a lot of you are aware of, is coming back big time and I do not want any of the prime spawners that we need to keep it going coming into my store dead when they should be released. 99% of the people that I have told this to think this is a great idea and think it should be a lot of fun.( how many men do you know that want to brag about the smallest?)

Just to let you all know I have tied up a lot of suppliers that are saving me minnows for this week- end and I am checking with them every other day to make sure they have them. Every-one of them have more than committed their-selves to help out. And from what they have on hand at this point I will have them here on time.

If you have any questions please call me @ 613-969-1035 or email me.

Let’s all have fun but let’s be safe and remember bring everything back you took with you. ………………...Ron