Gowganda lake - Shining tree Help???

snagmaster

Hey guys. I have next week free and am planning to head up to Gowganda lake camp for 4 days with my bud. Anyone ever been? I was up there for 1 day two years back in june . Only fished for 2 hours and caught a couple bass, thats it. I hear the fishing is great tho. I dont like fishing live bait and was wondering if you can still get into good fishing using lures (crank baits and jigs)??? will be targeting smallies ( they are open all year long up there) walleye and pike. But mostly walleye. Is this a good place to go?

also how are the back lakes in the area? Any other suggestions on places to go withing 10 hours of toronto are appreciated. Thanks for the help guys. I need a good trip up north before I start working

Edited by snagmasteral

I've been up to Gowganda a number of times in the last couple of years.

Check out my post here and you can see some of the fish I've caught up there. Shoot me a pm and I can give you some tips and a few locations to try while you're up there. If the place you're staying at doesn't have a meal plan and you don't feel like cooking one night head over to Auld Reekie for a meal. You won't be dissapointed!

www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26782&hl=gowganda+french+river

PB

Walleye should be in the river, and smallies hugging the shoreline all over the lake. For non-stop smallie action, hit Hanginstone Lake above the fall; that place is half water and half smallies. For walleye, try Stumpy.

I just got back from another trip to Shining Tree Camp this weekend;once again Derek and Cathy were great hosts.

I hope to have a report up soon-just have to catch up on my "Honey Do" list and waiting for some pics from the other guys.

I'm sure if you do a search here you'll see some reports on both areas.

If you decide to look closer into the Shining Tree area let me know and I'll try to point you in the right direction.