Hi I'm new here so of course I'm looking for help

Hi as the title says, I'm new to this board.

I used to fish a fair bit, but seemed to loose interest when I quit smoking.(they seemed to be tied together)

Anyway, I have the bug again, for fishing, not smoking, and always loved going to the Ganaraska with my family.

Really I'm trying to find out if those big ugly carp have shown up yet, we love hooking in to them in the spring, they pull like horses.

I would rather start there rather than Steelhead, as at the best of times I struggled to catch them. We are probably a bit late for that anyway. Like everybody else we work, and it is about an hours drive for us so trying to sort out whats going on.

thanks all and sorry for being so long winded :blahblah1:

From the reports I've seen on this board, the Carp are moving in and feeding!.. but you'll never really know unless you go!!!

.. and even if you don't catch anything, isn't it still nice to get out to the waters edge?

You don't even have to catch any fish to have a good day of fishin'!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Just to give you a little incentive... this fish was caught this past week in a Lake O trib!

carole37_5.jpg

The anonymous angler caught it on a live night crawler soaked in Captain Morgans Spiced Rum!

... the fish wasn't even hooked!... the live crawler gripped the fish by the bottom lip and held on until it was landed!!! :clapping:

Hi all and thanks for the welcome. Gcd that's one big fish, but by the picture you have to wonder what took a bite out of it's back!

Also hope I'm not being rude, but what's under your hat

Nothing took a bite out of it's back... that where it had to be whipped into submission with a lead filled Hockey Stick!!!

... as far as what's underneath the baseball cap...

http://www.amazon.com/LED-Baseball-Cap-Lig...s/dp/B000R0EPHW

... btw, that's not me in the fish pic... it's one of the hottest fishin' chix you'll ever see!!!

... she hides herself from the manly men on the board because of her extremely jealous and domineering husband... he's a Kung Fu master that'll rip yer nadz out via your larnyx if you look at her "cross-eyed"!!! If you hear him starting to make those high pitched squeeky "Bruce Lee" type noises, you better head for the hills!!!... because what comes after that isn't pretty!!! :o

... but they're a helluva nice couple (as long as you wear dark glasses, so he can't see your eye movements) that catch HUGEFISH!!!

Edited by GCD