Gbay last week

Jigster

Got up to gbay last week for some fishing and relaxation. Beautiful weather and a cool breeze to keep the bugs at bay.

The day started with the tossing of the T.J Special - the venerable silver and blue streak Lucky Strike spoon. Got a walleye to follow the offering right up to the boat on 3 consecutive casts but alas no strike. Dang I regretted not tipping the spoon with a piece of worm...

The attention soon turned to the dozens of turtles swimming around us at the base a a waterfall. Fantastic

IMG_0213.JPG

then off for some classic shoreline trolling

IMG_0214_1_1_1.JPG

IMG_0215_1_1.JPG

aside from some rock bass, only landed fish of the day - oos smallie, released with no harm

IMG_0217_1_1.JPG

A great day and will definitely try to go back Thursday if this massive rain front can magically dissapear

Solo I hope you're right - are you referring to Rouyn-Noranda area?

Right now the forecast for my gbay area is like 20mm overnight and 15 on Thursday... man I really would love to go fishn on Thursday; got the day off, got the fishn buddy to agree to plans, etc...

btw I owe you a Kenogami River report - man what an adventure; let's just say we fished for like 5 min and the rest was pure adrenaline!