Weekend In La Cloche

Hi All,

unfortunately a report with no fish success, but learned a lot this weekend. Brother and I made our way up to Espanola for a long weekend with plans of Pike, Lakers and a rumoured Brookies in a nearby backwood lake.

Got up bright and early on saturday and immediately hit the water and headed through Lang Lake towards Little Bear. This was my first time up with my new portable 565 Humminbird finder, so it ws certainly an adventure to see what ws below us and the depths of the lakes we fish. Most of the lakes hit 80 FOW (Lang, Plunge, hannah, Bear, Little Bear) but Walker, hit a surprising 208 FOW and in a few cases, there was some activity that low down!? Walker really was the most active lake with majority of the none biters around 30-50 FOW.

We work and worked, hit the deep, hit the dam (with Lake Panache), structure near the shores, and nothing. :wallbash: Then decided to hit a back lake and fish from shore...walked back to what we thought was the Brookie lake, only to find a beaver had completely impacted this lake. After further review, we realized we were too far up, and needed to hit the lake about a 1km south of where we were. Given day one was unsuccessful and we had a 2km hike under our belt, we headed home for the night, to dream of better days.

Day two, got up bright and early with hope of better luck. We made our way directly to the lake of brookies, and after a 20 minute hike in cirlces :wallbash: trying to locate the path (found a bear stand which guided us to the trail). Made our way through the trail and came upon a beautiful little lake. headed out, for a few hours without even a bite or a sighting <_< ; simply the sounds of the frogs grunting at us!

so overall, it was a great trip, nice to open the camp up, but frustrating that not a fish was caught. My brother did have a nice sm bass on (i know, OOS) but he snapped the line prior to us bringing him in.

Fingers crossed that the long weekend will be more productive! any tips on brookies is appreciated.

Cheers,

Yv