My opener

GBW

Well today started off great, I got to sleep in to 8. So the family and I (along with about 60 others) were out by 9:00am for the Clean Up Brooklin day. It was great to see so many folks out cleaning up the area we live in from all the winter and blown garbage. After 2 hours of that we had about 30 to 35 FULL bags of garbage and recycle items. Not bad for 2 hours if I do say so and the creek and area looks SOOOO much better. So then was off for some daddy daughter time at Rona for the "Little Hammers Club" and it was fun, just to bad that the kids were no were near srtong enough to pound the wood pins into the precut holes.. :( Then it was time to spend an hour and a half (just after luch) on the private property I have access to. Needless to say the SUCKERS were in... :( I was fishing with another person (who did have permission) and he said he only got 2 small rockets all morning. He was in one pool and I was in another and not even 25 min. after I got there "fish on!" and it was a big brute! I didn't get a pic and he said no thanks to any pic's but I would guess it was in the 11LB range and it put up a great fight with lots of jumps too. So I was pumped! Looking at 15 or so suckers and 3 big rainbows in the pool I was fishing and thinking "oh yeah, now he's got one it's my turn". So after trying roe, fake roe, worms, inline spinners and even a crankbait I went home with a HUGE skunk....

Well, if the weather gets better the the river isn't to bad I'll take my little girl out and see if we can get into some fish...

Jigger, if you read this I may be able to get out between 1:30 / 2:00 for 2 hours or so...

Cheers all and I hope you had a good opener, I did even with the skunk...

Edited by GBW

I didn't get the memo about cleaning up the town, but did manage to grab some items off the trails. The crowds were too big for my liking at the rainbow holes, so I hit up some brookie waters instead. Some real nice ones hitting, including a pb for me at about 14in and fat! Man what a pretty fish. I would've kept it, but it was the first fish of the trout season and karma told me to put it back in the drink. Too bad about the skunk GBW, tomorrows a new day.

yeah, it's all good. it was a thing someone one put on by my place (it's a new annual after earth day) to clean up your local parks and area. it's alllllll good. Nice on ya (as per our PM's) to get into some fish.

Let me know how tomorrow looks for you as I told my daughter if the area is busy I'll call home to let her know it's to busy but if the area is empty she can come and fish with me. You have me cell # so fell free to call or text me, cheers.

Geoff

Well the "boxing day" of the opener didn't fair so well for me but it was a GREAT DAY! I took my 5-year old daughter out to see if we could catch and or find fish to look at. She was a trooper I tell ya, with her new "big girl" spincaster combo. Jigger and I met at 1:30 and found out that we know each other from way back but neither of us could place just how... Now I feel old, l can't remember things anymore... All in all he went 0/2 and I was skunked. I think I may have only got 20 casts in in the 2 or so hours as I spent more of my time watching my daughter cast. Was it raining, duno, sunny, duno but all I do know is I had a great time spening it fishing with my daughter!!! I can be skunked everytime I go out with her and I wouldn't care, at least while she's pre-teen... :D

Garry2rs, thanks for telling me about that zebco 33 as she loves it and only had 2 casts that were not spot on. Cheers!