Float Fishing Main Line- You opinion one more time!

baironhorse

Personally I would recommend Ande 10lb. I switched to it 5 years ago and have not had any problems so far. It costs alot less than many others and does just as good of a job. As far as line twists, I run a 2 swivel system. Float on mainline followed by a swivel, then a shot line with my weights, then another swivel, then 6lb drennan floro down to the hook.

I find the 2 swivel system drastically reduces line twists while saving floats from snags, etc. In fact, I have used the same 3 floats for the last 3 years.

As far as the 6lb mainline goes, yeah u might be able to land 30lb chinnies with it but it is going to take to damn long to land fish, thus making it ALOT harder to revive the fish if you plan on releasing it with the possibility of the fish going belly up down river because a lack of strength. Plus you're going to screw up other fisherman's drifts for a prolonged period of time. Anything more than 10-15 minutes max and you would get my line casted over top of it, until you get the hint or your line snaps, whichever comes first.

:)

Edited by Mark Mc