Headin' up the Trent

woodee148

Morning everyone, been doing some searches on site to see what info I could pull up to better my trip. My wife and i are heading up the trent this weekend from lake Couchiching to Little lake spending one night and then heading back. My wife is probrally only going to let me stop once or twice along the way for fishing so I am hoping to make it worth my while. We are spending the night at the Couch lock (North end of Lake Couchiching) so i will be trying my luck then but I am hoping for a shore lunch once we get thru the locks in the morning. I'm not really looking for anyone's spots just hoping I can get some ideas on what to expect and maybe a recommended spot for shore lunch (assuming I don't get skunked!) I am going to try to get into deep bay for some bass but I have a 32" draft and i am not sure where the water levels are at.

I will be sure to post some pics when I get back.

Thanks

Chaos__1.jpg

Chaos!

Welcome to the board, Chaos. That sure sounds like a fun little bit of boating you two have planned. I'm not familiar with the area so I can't help ya with shore lunch and fishing spots, etc., but I'll bet someone will on here before long. Goodluck and I hope you're able to have that shorelunch you're planning on.

Guest Johnny Bass

I think that whole stretch of water is great fishing. I know lock 42 produces some really good fishing early on in the season. Just fish any rapids. Top and bottom and you'll do great!