went out to try my WiggleWart

limeyangler

Hi Y'all,

Went back to last Sundays smb hotspot to try a few new lures, in particular a Wiggle Wart.

Got to the spot at about 3pm after waiting 3 hours for the storms to clear.....well they did...until I anchored up and started to fish. I landed a nice 19 incher on the second cast...went to grab the camera....turned it on...DARN!!!! i had left the SD card in the computer!!!!! oh well......would have got wet anyway.

Some weird stuff happened today with the bass. First off...I’m retrieving the wiggle wart, but its front hooks are caught on the snap swivel so its behaving like a surface popper....WHAM!...bass. Then i'm thinking maybe i should swap up to a topwater....as i'm mulling this over a bass is going nuts at the surface every 30 seconds or so. I was gonna change up lure but it was raining so hard i did not want to open my tackle box. Anyway...the rain eased and i'm just about to change up, when a little bass jumps a clear 2' out of the water doing a crazy headshake, the bass goes one way and it spits this lure the other......not my lure either......must have been the bass that was breaking the surface all the time...poor thing probably been trying to shake it off all week, i bet that was my buddy Kyle's lure...gonna ask him if he lost it .

LITTLE BASS SPAT THIS OUT

IMG_1180.jpg

Not soon after that a huge thunder storm rolled in, lots of lightning right over me so i decided to get to shore just to be safe. I must have been under an old eagle nest, lots of old fish bones and small pike skulls and a huge walleye skeleton....why cant i catch those big ones!!!! well at least its good to know they get to that size in this lake. I brought it home for a pic, cuz my wife is well into skeletons and stuff like that.

, could the day get weirder?

THE HEAD ALONE IS 9 INCHES!!!

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

After the storm passed i trolled, cast, slip bobbered for 2 hours with only 2 very small pike for my efforts and was almost gonna try a pickerel rig but another front started to show on the horizon and i decided to call it a day and save myself another soaking.

The day did get weirder.....on my way back, i go through a 50' channel between 2 islands.....whets in the middle? 4 DEER!!!! swimming across the lake!! man they’re are good swimmers, they were freeking out a bit when they saw the boat...so i backed off and cut the motor...really cool to watch....I CANT BELIEVE I CANT USE MY CAMERA!!!!!!!!

I decided to try a walleye spot i was at yesterday where lots of fish were showing, well not so many fish showing on the fishfinder today when i got there, and first jig down got snagged and i lost it....i did not have the will to retackle up and headed back to the house. As soon as i got the boat tied up...yup...you guessed it...the sun comes out! sheesh...lol

SODS LAW, SUN COMES OUT AS SOON AS I GET HOME

IMG_1157.jpg

As usual i tied the boat up and had a few casts.......i'm gonna have to fish more from home lol.....hooked into a really nice pike within minutes on the bobber

HE PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT!

33" FOR TEAM #4

IMG_1166.jpg

I also managed a few walleye on the bobber...put 'em back as I’ve had a lot of fish suppers recently,

AWESOME CAMOUFLAGE

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

All in all a wet and slow day...until i got home. Message on the phone to say my buddy has gone to Winnipeg for the weekend so my trout(laker) trip is off...dammit!.....never mind...will find somewhere to fish tomorrow for sure.