Colchester

taper

Went out Saturday morning with my son and father in law to Colchester, got to the ramp by 6:30 and see the lake is still showing remnants of Friday nights storm. Father in law was a little hesitant to dive in ( his boat, his choice) so we headed for breakfast. Got back to the ramp and watched a bunch of boats go out and decided it was starting to calm down enough that we would give it a shot. On the water by 9:30 and off by 3pm with ten nice fish for the freezer. The water by mid day barely had a ripple and the fish were there although not as hard as I have seen but I guess that is to be expected right after the storm. One bonus for the day was there were very few non target fish. We only caught two sheephead and maybe a dozen silver bass. Can't wait to get back again.

gallery_682_227_88100.jpg

gallery_682_227_51478.jpg

Hey Taper....how were you fishing?? Using harnesses, snap weights and planers??? I will be out there next weekend, I just live in Windsor......great fishery in that area.....usually start around the helo pad and work my way to the mile marker......great area for bass and perch too!!!

Chrispy!

Chrispy, I was using inline boards, bottom bouncers and worm harnesses, that's all I ever use down there after a charter captain showed me the ropes. I must say though the biggest change was buying the tattle tale flag kits for the Offshore boards. They are a huge improvement. We pretty much were trolling with the huge pack around the mile marker.

Right on!! I use both....bottom bouncers and snap weights.....both work awesome on the smaller boards.....a good friend Bobby Devine from Extreme Angler explained to me how to run the setup and first time I tried it ended up picking up 8 nice eaters between me and my cousin......as I do it more I am sure I will get a set pattern down and start picking up even more fish......just as long as I can keep those rubber lipped fish off of them worm harnesses!!!! LOL!!!!

I run an 18' Sylvan (white and blue) with a 75 Merc and a 6 horse 4 stroke Honda kicker.....if ya see me make sure to say HEY!!!! I might be able to help with other spots in that area.....take care!!!

Chrispy!