Ready for Caesars Lodge!!

Ricz24

Awsome, we booked early in the season because it was the only available dates. the next time available would have been in july-august.

Were also trying to catch some monster northerns and figured after ice out should be the best time to catch them in shallow waters and also makes them easier to find!

what lodge do you work for? maybe next time we plan a trip like this well definatly give you a call or find you on here (OFC)!

do you also know any good areas to target pike?

they opened a new extension to highway 309 right? have you driven on it? better than the clova road?

Thanks for all the help

Awsome, we booked early in the season because it was the only available dates. the next time available would have been in july-august.

Were also trying to catch some monster northerns and figured after ice out should be the best time to catch them in shallow waters and also makes them easier to find!

what lodge do you work for? maybe next time we plan a trip like this well definatly give you a call or find you on here (OFC)!

do you also know any good areas to target pike?

they opened a new extension to highway 309 right? have you driven on it? better than the clova road?

Thanks for all the help

i know what you mean the best dates go first..for giant northerns at gouin anytime between mid may-end of june is great then they go deeper and tactics change. but if you can try and book before all the hunting and fishing shows which are in january. for the northerns just look for shallow warm weedy bays basically the same areas the walleye will be in since the whitefish spawn near the walleyes,this will bring in the pikes too! the extension so called 309 ends after mont laurier in a town called mont st michel then it hits gravel which is the parent road leading to where i work. its possible to use this road to get to caesars but it would just be a detour for nothing..

google up laventurier du gouin to see my work enjoy

Hey thanks for the tips.

George, owner of Caesars, is the one who told us bout the new 309 extension opening this year. he said it would shave off 2-3 hours off of the route compaired to the clova rd.

as for the pike whats a productive lure this early in the season? i was told large white tubes work great!

are the fish still sluggish? are they willing to chase down the bait like a spinner?

in Toronto weve had the ice out early april and the season opens first sat of may and some pike are getting very agressive and others are still sluggish after the spawn

i happened to find your lodge site but we had already booked with Caesars. i came across it looking for some info, feedback and pics of catches in the goiun!

Now ive found the right website for great info and great people!

i would love to see some of your catches on the gouin or customers catches! if you could post it or email some id love to see and think possibilities lol!

ive noticed that quebec pike arent as meaty as some of the north ontario pike but are longer!

thanks once again for everything

i really dont target pike much since 99% of the customers want nice walleyes but when i do have to target pike in the spring my go-to lure is a spoon..anything silver flasy immitating a whitefish or minnow like williams whitefish or williams wabbler. usually pike are just starting to get active once the season opens, i wouldent worry too much for some reason all year round pike bite.il try and find pics and post em up

Hey Carl caesars just updated the map part of their site (http://caesarslodge.com/waystolodge-eng.html) thats the direct link to their map. it shows the route to the lodge through 309 and was wondering if you are fimaliar with the exit rod before Parent? what is the road on the 309 like? i know your gonna be going up in a couple weeks if u could msg me after if the road was clearly marked the exits and road conditions. were debating which route to take! thanks.

ahh ok i see now.. after mont st michel its not the 309 anymore instead it turns into the parent road at km 105 you guys turn left and i continue straight, all i can say is before you guys hit the fork in the road its normally very very nice expecially at the beggining of the season when theres not much traffic..il try and give ya an update when i go in

i think its 105km from mt st michel but im not 100% sure..once you get on the gravel road after mt st michel the mileage markers start over at 0km up...and i wasnt beeing sarcastic try the new road, i know last spring when i headed up on the parent road we were doing 110-120 the roads were amazing

Awesome dude once again thanks for all your help and tips greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

We had a hard time searching for reviews about the area but you just answered all our questions!!!

not many people would give the info you gave us expecially not guides once again on behalf of our group THANK YOU!!!!

well post some pics of our catches!!

see you out there one day!

• 3 weeks later...