Need Pc Help! (nf)

tapout

hey there everyone and merry christmas. Well I need some help with my pc. A couple weeks ago the sound on my pc when I play music or any audio sounds all distorted. It almost sounds like its playing in slow motion but yet at normal speed. Its weird. Thought it might've been my speakers but tried them out on another pc and they work fine. I should also mention it was about the same time that I removed a virus using Norton. I've done some checking on the pc about the drivers and other hardware conflicts and it always says its working properly. But its obvisously not. :dunno:

can anyone help me?

Cheers.

P.S. : I didn't get any fishing gear for christmas. Closest thing I got was binoculars. We'll see how good they are at spotting those walleyes.

I would imagine that it has something to do with the evironment settings in the sound card utility. You will most likely have an icon in the bottom right near the clock that will be a media utility. In there you will generally find an environment section which will allow you to alter the sound coming out. There will be settings like dancehall, echo, cave, etc. You should have an option in there to disable any sound environments, or set it to a general setting which will correct the sound issue. If not you may have to uninstall and reinstall the sound driver and application.

If the first suggestion doesn't work, pm me and I will help you get it fixed.

cd.