Red Pine Lodge - Ivanhoe Lake?

tailchaser

Hello, Im new here and would like to get any feedback on Red Pine Lodge on Ivanhoe Lake. 4 of us take a spring fishing trip every year and try to go someplace different each year.

If you dont know about this lodge could you post other suggestions - we are looking for a drive-to or boat-to lodge with good pickeral fishing. We bring our own boat and want electricity 24/7 and hot/cold running water. We dont mind driving but would like to keep it within 10-12 hours of Toronto.

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions...

About 10 years ago I started and ended a week long canoe trip out of Red Pine.. They drove us and our canoes south past Chapleau to Biscotasing and we canoed back up through to Ivanoe. Great trip with unbelievable fishing in most of the lakes and rivers through there. If I recall Ivanoe was a really good lake with lots of varied features, deep areas, rocky areas and weedy areas. At the South end there is a long narrow bay that ends at a waterfall and rapids where the river comes it. Looked dandy for spring walleye. Really nice. I didnt fish much there because it was the end of the trip and I had enough fishing for the 7 days and just wanted a beer (or two) and a shower at Red Pine. Nice people there if I recall.