Kicker motor installation

icefisherman

I guess it is my turn to rant.

Went to a boat dealer I spoke with on the boat show and he has promised to install my kicker motor for about $100 or so + parts.

Made an appointment yesterday got their first thing this morning...he looked at the boat/motor....walked around for 5 min and told me $500...at which point I almost had a heart attack...some of those bandits must think I pick up my money from the threes. :wallbash::wallbash:

Needless to say I told him to go the hell...hooked back my boat and left....this exercise cost me 1/2 day wasted and lots of gas I could have used better going fishing in the spring...

So I am hoping someone can refer me to a decent/hones dealer in the West GTA/Oakville/Burlington/Milton area who can do quality work on installing my new kicker motor. I need it bolted to the transom but don't feel like doing it myself. Once installed I'd like them to connect the two motors with steering bar and do the fuel lines via a fuel filter/water separator.

I have my own steering bar, fuel filter/water separator, fittings, etc. The only thing I may need is the labor and some fuel line and extra battery cable to extend the cable that comes with the kicker to the front battery located under the left console.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I can clump it but I want to bolt it to be safer.

And I don't feel comfortable drilling into the transom myself therefore I was looking for someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me.

No need for kicker motor bracket, mounting the kicker directly to the transom.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

I'm sure the dealer quoted him installing the kicker,, assembly and set up of the steering rod, mounting the filter, installing the fittings, the fuel lines, an extra hour to monkey around with wiring... yah I can see $500 real easy Emil and even at my lousy shop rate.... let alone the $80 to a $100 / hr their milking.

Edited by irishfield

Well Wayne is mostly right ...the quote was to install the kicker, to connect it to the fuel line and install the filter and steering bar. I told them I can do the battery cable wiring myself if they sell me 10-15 feet of battery cable....

So for this he quoted me $100 +parts originally.....today the price went 5 times higher...

I guess this is a book example of bait and sitch tactics....come to the shop and bam the price goes up 500%...Oh well he'll never see any business from me in the future...that's guaranteed.

The guy tod me his rate is $85/hr...this makes 6 hours....waooooooo.....I am sorry but if I was doing this and had the experience and tools it will NEVER EVER take me 6 hours....2 hours at the most if he knows what he is doing...and he should....

Realistic price should be arround $200 for this work I think......Proctors have quoted me $200 but I went to this guy since it was closer then Proctors....

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman