Minden ice conditions?

goober

Will know for sure tomorrow morning, but you'll have to wait for the post on monday. With these temperatures, the shorelines will have locked up again and I'd trust most places except for the main bodies of the big deep lakes. Creek & river mouths will be iffy. Check in with the bait shop.

Cheers

jac

~~~~Was out yesterday, N. of Minden, Gull Lake still has a large open water flowing, Minner Bay some huts out on the far shore, but still a lot of open water,and soft areas, Red Umbrella Inn has huts out on 12 mile, Trout very active, nothing big, Lake Haliburton open water from Fort Irwin straight down the channel, access from far shore. tread softly, should be more solid this weekend, and Bosh ahs some areas I would send your Mothwer-inlaw out on, but some guys have huts out there.

I'll echo what oldphart said, the main bodies of the big lakes are iffy, anything small or shallow will probably be ok. Overall no more ice than the previous weekend but the shorelines have firmed up. There was 6" of light powder on top of the glare ice. Only 1 16" pick for me saturday, the guys 75' away caught 6+ including a beast I figure was close to 6 lbs. You've got to be on the hole within the hole.

Cheers

jac