anyone fish humber above old mill?

Smed

I have fished old mill once as I went to university in toronto and living in oakville its not a far drive for me, I was reading in the regs where is open year round and where is extended. How it the fishing above old mill? is there any good spots near eglinton area?

Any response would be appreciated

Eric

(Smed)

Living in the area myself, I would say that there is alot and I mean ALOT of water to cover from Old Mill to Eglington... believe me... I've walked past Eglington from the Old Mill. I prefer the stretch above the Old Mill as it is very under-fished and it has some prime Steelhead structure. Right now there wouldn't be catchable numbers of Steelhead above the dam until they start to run in the spring. However, if you were to fish it a month or two earlier there could of been tons of Salmon, Browns, and perhaps the odd Steelie to be had in that stretch, but it's all about finding them.

You're better off fishing the spots below the dam while they're still open. The Humber gets shut really fast and when it does blow out it takes weeks for it to get back to normal levels.

Wait until the spring to fish the stretches above the Old Mill because right now it would not be worth all that time and footwork, unless you are scouting around for new spots.

Hope this helps,

Bojan

Edited by Bojangles