Credit River Report

ShaunB

Hey Guys

Well hit up the credit today around 11am looking to get a few bows. Man did it ever get cold today. The day started off pretty well with a 5lb bow coming out of the wire mesh. We stayed there for an hour with no more luck. we then headed up to the falling rock pool where we caught two more rainbows. With the cold weather now the key is no longer first light, we have found that they are hitting more mid day between 11am and 1pm. The water is looking great for steelheading. It is slightly higher than normal with that beautiful greenish tinge to it. We were hitting them on chartruesse bags in the quarter size. I must say thogh that it was getting increasingly more difficult to keep ice off the float and main line. The weather for this weekend looks good for getting out seeing as how it will be above zero for most of the weekend. I think it is getting close to that time to put the float rod away for a month or so seeing as how we don't usually have much luck between Christmas and Februaury first. There is usually too much slush on the river to get the bait down or the pools have a thick crust of ice on them. Well, good luck to all and I think we will have to start heading down towards niagara to get some of these Lake O chromers

Shaun

• 5 months later...