Shore fishin the front...

kemper

Headed up to a spot on cameron lake with a few buddies for a day of shore fishin, I knew it would be tough but not to the point that we would watch smallies all day bump our lures but not take them!

We caught a few average size smallies and a largie on topwaters, and then ventured back to the fast water in hopes of a walleye or two. I was rippin an X rap right in the wash of the dam (its a small dam), and something with some weight grabbed it and just wouldnt come up so i was thinking sweet big walleye. Nope, it was my first shore caught musky! Not a huge one at all, somewhere in the 33 inch range but it did put up a great fight in the current. Unfortunatly no pictures because it took longer than i wished to unhook her so i just made a quick release.

Right before we were leaving my buddy, who can find a big largie anywhere, was flippin holes from the bridge and slammed the hooks into a 2.5 largie on a pink senko, good end to a slow day. I have a picture of the largie somewhere, ill see if i can dig it up.