Lac St. Germain "The Bass Factory Lake"

ADC

Well, I was at my friends cottage this weekend from Friday-Sunday on Lac St. Germain in Quebec just outside of Ottawa. Its a smaller lake with many other lakes around it. Pretty private and didnt see any other fishermen.

The weather was pretty bad except for Sunday. It was very cold, rainy and windy. However, that didnt stop the bass action.

Fishing was done from his dock and by boat when the weather was calm enough. Most action was from along the shore lines.

All I can say is that this lake is a Bass Factory. Even with the bad weather I landed 22 nice sm bass and lost at least a dozen to bad hook sets.

I used and caught fish with pretty much everything I had. Spinners, cranks, top water, real worms, plastic worms but, the best action was with the Tubes as they always worked when the others didnt. It was great to because there are pretty much no weeds... just lots of rocks and logs etc.

Of the 22 fish about 6 of them were in the 3lbs range. Nice fat, big gut smallies! Also, they were the healthiest looking fish Ive ever seen with some of the best fighters Ive ever felt. It was just awsome.

I also got a couple of the smallest sm bass Ive ever seen. We are talkin the size of my middle finger. They would have made great fish sticks!

All I can say is this lake was the best Ive ever been to and I could only imagine how great it would be if the weather was a bit better. Even still, I couldnt have asked for anything more.

If you ever get the chance to go to Lac St. Germain (5hour drive from Toronto) I would take it.

Good Times!

cheers