Grenadier Pond - High Park 2nd time

Anatz

My brother and I decided to drive around and check out High Park and try our luck for bass/pike. We started fishing for 20 minutes at the wooden platform and nothing. A family was nice enough to give me a box of worms but I only used a piece of it on my ice fishing rod :). There were a lot of people fishing, mostly for sunfish and they were all successful at it but it wasn't as good as the last time I went. I caught a sunfish and almost caught a little LM bass. I was happy to actually see a bass hanging around that area and this one fella told me that this wasn't the spot to fish for bass and it is better to fish north of the pond where the weed beds are. So we left and tried it out until I saw a sign. The sign said No fishing for bass and pike due to the lack of population. It also stated about maintaining the population of pan fishes because they were eating bass eggs and etc. Anyways it was a bummer to see that sign but I enjoy catching pan fishes :) I'm most likely going to go there tomorrow but this time I'm going to bus there and use my little ice fishing rod :) Scarface : "Say Hello to my little friend!" -> Ice Fishing Rod.

Edited by Anatz

Thanks for the report. I haven't fished there for a number of years but I do remember the sign about avoiding bass/pike fishing. At least you got into fish and had fun. There are other fishing opportunities in that pond. There are also crappies, bullheads, carp, perch and silver bass (or white perch can't remember). Catching fish in summer on ice fishing gear must be a blast.

Edited by MJL