Fishing spots near Ajax and Durham region - Please advise

Dear members,

I recently joined this remarkable forum. Presently, I am retired and love fishing, camping, photography, gardening and do some Islamic Calligraphy as well. It will be greatly appreciated, if someone can advise on the following questions:

1. Where to fish in Durham region particularly Ajax. Presently, I don't have a boat (planning to buy one) 

2. Are there any opportunities to join someone on fishing trip or on a boat. I am ready to share the expenses associated with fishing trip.

3.  Please also advise the best sites to buy the used boats.

Regards,

Muhammad Javaid fishingsuset1.jpg.7a2b6175e400c4162749eca0e0a630b0.jpg

Frenchman's Bay in Pickering is a good place to get started fishing from shore in Durham. Observe what other anglers are doing, and respectfully  ask them questions. An opportunity to learn and perhaps make some friends. I wouldn't jump at buying a boat just yet, until you get your "feet wet" a bit, and decide what kind of fishing you like.

You may also consider going out with a professional fishing guide for the day. There are a number that operate out of the Kawarthas area (not far from Ajax). You will certainly learn a lot, and you'll almost  be guaranteed to catch some fish.

https://fishingtoronto.ca/fishing-location/frenchmans-bay/