Lunker Larry

Invasive Species Identification workshop Announcement

This weekend, City Stream Watch will be hosting its annual invasive species workshop at RVCA headquarters in Manotick. If you are interested in learning how to identify and manage some common invaders, the Ridea Valley Conservation Authority will be hosting the workshop this Saturday, August 17th from 9am to 12pm. A presentation that will teach you about many aquatic and terrestrial invasive species will be given along with displays for participants to see these species up close and staff will be there to answer any questions you may have.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Vlog: Kawartha Multi-species Report outing

It seems like a lot of pike are getting into the Kawarthas now... not sure if it’s a good thing tho? Here’s the vid of our fishing catching day 👇 https://youtu.be/kVUu4xlVqv0

in Fishing News

• Multi species weekend

Not fishing but catching this weekend water temps were 57 to 60. Most pickerel caught in 6 to 8 feet of water with this biggun on a spinnerbait crashing the windblown shoreline. 

in General Discussion

• Goal Species Acquired - Lake Trout

Hello all, Just wanted to share a great time. I have become a citiot and don't get to fish as much as I'd like any more. I've been able to target bass, pike, perch, walleye, but trout have always eluded me because they are just those little arcs on the bottom at 65ft+ in August. I've had a great time at Bruce's spot on Temagami since I was a kid and there's no place I'd rather fish. After getting a nice 29" northern walleye vertical jigging I turned my attention to trout simply because I'd

in General Discussion

• Fish identification

Hi, I was just going through some old photos and came across this. I can't say exactly where it is as it was several years ago and I didn't drive there but it is somewhere on the southern edge of Algonquin Park near Maynooth. There is a fish in the bottom left-hand corner, possibly two, and I'd like to know what it is, however can't find it in online searches (unless it's just a very distorted catfish). Does anyone have any ideas please?

in General Discussion

• Interesting article on invasive 'Chain Pickerel'

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/dreaded-invasive-fish-makes-its-way-into-kejimkujik-park/ar-BBM8yYR?OCID=ansmsnnews11

in General Discussion