Whats the difference?

dsukh

Hi guys,

Whats the difference between crown land, conservation area, and provincial parks? How do I know if a section of the stream/creek/river is on private or public land? I plan to do some exploring this weekend and don't want to get in trouble for trespassing... Is there an easy way to determine from looking on google map which parts are private and which are public?

Also, is fishing allowed in all conservation areas? I'm looking at TRCA under fishing and I only see three conservation areas listed. Can I fish in any conservation areas, or just the specified ones? I contacted TRCA today regarding this and they didn't really give me an answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to explore the many streams/creeks/rivers around me but I'm afriad of trespassing without knowing.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Dan

Maybe this will help.

http://www.lio.ontar...p?site=clupa_en

Thanks, I looked at that atlas but not really sure how it works. If I zoom in around the southern ontario area, a huge chunk of it is in grey (private area). This includes all the kawartha lakes and lake ontario east tributaries. Since I've fished those areas before without issue of trespassing, I'm not sure how I will know which sections of a stream/river is considered private where I will have an issue if I step into it.. :dunno:

Any ideas?