pinning steel and bows etc

BCLT

im new to this myself fishing bronte for salmon and etc - I primarily got on the pin for commons and have landed fish over 30 pounds on korean floats 18 inches long with single kernals of korn! - so after being told many times "your wasting your money pinning for commons, I hit up bronte with the pin and a 10.5 light action steelie rod, and nailed 5 chinies up to 35 pounds!

my questions are - 1) I thought in our zone steelies, bows etc are out of season with the exception of the mouths of tribs?

2) Are you guys who are landing these chromies, risking it by tredding out for these fish or is there something im missing

3) It seems that the locals are hitting the piers and floating single eggs, yet Im seeing pics of fish being landed in tribs,

regardless of tribs in Ontario apperantly out of season........please explain

Im new to this, Im not asking for hot spots, just an explanation on how things work, if your worried about public posts, please pm to explain how this works........ as I know nothing, and am not about to LURK, I know spots myself, but just dont know if I can fish them

shawn

Copied and pasted my previous reply to your same question:

Shawn it seems to me you're using the centrepin for its intended application anyway.

It's an age old style of fishing developed in Britain where I doubt there are many steelhead swimming.

As far as your other questions, check the reg's.

Here in ON there are many rivers that have subtantial portions of them open year round.

If you have a passport and cross the border all of the rivers are open for steelhead year round.

As "solopaddler" said there are many tributaries with year round areas to fish. You can find the fishing regulations on line to find out which tributaries have these open all year sections. The anglers posting pictures of their catch are fishing in the open all year sections and are not breaking any laws.