Bait caster set up

PERCHER

Hey dude,

I operate on a SERIOUS budget due to the fact that I've got a baby and a gf in university...so, I grabbed a Daiwa Procaster for 50 bucks (it has a 0 to 10 backlash setting 0 being for flipping and 10 for casting beginners) and paired that up with the Lighting rod that Mepps is talking about which I got on sale for 25 bucks....

For a 75$ combo I have to say i'm impressed. It's not even a year old so I can't vouch on the longevity but I think it's a great setup for a newbie.... I've tossed various sizes of lures around from j-13's to the 1" countdown without a problem....

Cheers,

UF

Funny! I just bought the EXACT SAME COMBO a couple weeks ago!! The reel (Procaster Tounament 100iL) was at BPS for $39.99, and the rod (6'6" M)was $24.88. I couldn't pass that up!

I haven't even spooled it up yet, but it's good to hear some positive feedback.

Thanks every body for your input.I was thinking about getting a round bait caster.They appear to hold more line,so in the fall I can also use it for some Quinte walleye.It looks like I may go with the Shimano Cardiff and a 7ft medium action berkley lightning rod.Spool it up with 12lb mono and hope for the best.Thanks again .Dan :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::clapping: