Earl Rowe Provincial Park Questions

Guest Rapala Boy

Guest Rapala Boy

Hi I used to go to Earl Rowe Provincial Park with my dad when I was a kid and always wanted to catch the fish I see on the signs (rainbow trout) and now that im older I'm wondering if the place really has trout? Oh ya and:

How deep does it go and what happens to the Steelhead that pass the fish ladder? do they get stuck there?.....Thanks!

the sanctuary ends at the dam. anything you catch in the lake is fair game. i used to fish there with my dad for carp all the time. it used to have an incredible fishery, but one day it seemed like all the fish just packed up and left. if you fish the south side where the lake comes to a point and makes a river you should be good for rainbows, nothing to big but they are there.. it's a rock bottom on the west end of that area, and a sand/mud bottom on the east side. east side has a ton of fallen tree's too so prepare to lose some lures lol.

hope this helps. please let me know if your at all successful as i would love to take my dad there again. it used to be his favorite spot.

Guest Rapala Boy

Just got back from the hospital after an overdose of my sisters Flintstones chewables. I'm ok.

Alexcba, I will try that spot from a kayak when I go there and post a report. Not sure when i'm going to go tho.