tresspassing?

dada2727

I think you got it right Cram , I got this from the The Ministry of Natural Resources website..

Question Re: Fishing From the Water Near the Shore or close to a Dock

Some of the best places to find fish are in the near-shore areas, especially where there are undercut banks and docks that provide shade. Can I fish in these areas?

Answer:

The Ministry of Natural Resources recognizes the interests of private land owners and recreational fishing enthusiasts and encourages respect and cooperation between them.

Generally, naturally occurring and man-made watercourses that are navigable, and that have legal access points, are open to the public for boating regardless of ownership of the bed of the water body. Most docks, marinas and lagoons constructed on lakes and rivers would fit this description.

Ontario's fish resources are managed by the government for the benefit of the public and as such are not the property of individual landowners whose property they may associate with while near the shoreline, in lagoons or under the docks of marinas.

Equally important is the landowner's right to control access to, and the use of, private property. A person with control of a property may allow or exclude access to that property, or put conditions on the entry to the property. In the case of a dock, while a fisher may cast from a boat for fish under the dock he or she may need to consult the dock owner before standing on the dock to angle for the same fish.

Likewise property owners have the right to use their property without unusual interference. A person owning property on a water body expects a reasonable amount of boating and fishing activity near-by, however they do not expect someone to fish persistently on their shoreline for long uninterrupted periods of time.

Both landowners and the outdoors public must be reasonable and respectful in exercising their rights and obligations.

The last sentence says it all to me , BOTH should respect each other , and even if this guy has had damage to his boat ,his children, whatever in the past , in no way was a father in a small boat with a very young child pan fishing gonna cause any problems and if he was worried he should have just asked if they were haveing any luck (after seeing what was going on and ensureing his property was safe) and went about his way,enjoying the outdoors and seeing a father and son out together bonding should have made his day so much the better ...