Auld Reekie - Gowganda Help

bubbles

We stayed at Auld R lodge a few years back. We had two cabins and were two families. The boys had a great time fishing. My favorite was Stumpy. Lots of walleye but no monsters. We just trolled and drifted with a worm harness in about 12' fow folloing the shoreline. The action was non stop once we found them.

Gowganda017.jpg

Had a pretty good day on the bass but the weather had moved in and the temps dropped severley. We didn't have any 100 fish days but the fishing was good for the cold front and storms which rolled through.

Gowganda030.jpg

I was real excited to get into a good Pike lake. I fished the whole lake with not one Pike. There is a great shoal in the middle of the lake. As I mentioned the the cold front and rain moved in. Talked to guys when I was going in who had done real well the day before.

Went out solo on the main lake one afternoon. Caught a few Pike in some shallow bays. All around 3-5 lb range. The lake has some real deep spots that my fish finder wouldn't even read. Was hoping to jig up some Lakers or Whities.

When I was fishing for Pike a big Loon showed up and kept swimming under my boat. Boy they look huge under water. Had to stop fishing as I thought I may hook it.

We had a great time and always wanted to get back up there. Enjoy your trip.

Gowganda041.jpg

RR