quinte ice report Jan/18/07

skevys

The bad news is that ice conditions have not change much due to the warmer weather. The good news is that we did not loose any either. Yesterday’s cold actually made a bit more ice for us and with the lack of sun and a small coating of snow the ice did keep intact.

I do realize that some fellows will argue the point with me on the conditions and thickness of the ice but we take an average of what we find and our average is two inches. Just because you find 4 inches in one place does not mean that there is 4 inches ten feet away. One fellow on a board put it in pretty good terms if you have to fish make sure you have all the bells and whistles plus a survival suit and buddy up.

I still am not recommending it safe for fishing.” Sorry” but I believe in safety first and my big goal this year is ZERO insistences.

Ron

So it's Ron is it............

peter here.

You have a PM BTW.

Thankyou for the report..........I had read earlier where someone on this board here actually said the ice was comming along nicely........

Geeeeeeeeeeeze, I was at the bank this past weekend, the TD on the corner by the marina park and saw fellas out there trolling in their boats right at the mouth of the Trent at the BOQ

Forget about going out...if like Simcoe at all...never mind Cook Bay..it'll be 2-1/2 - 3 weeks of good -15c weather before it will be safe.......and then some...even last year at Simcoe the pressure cracks gave you the chills when they creaked about every 5min or so......you just never know.

Your posting about these cons are required and very much appreciated....thanks Ron

pete