Simcoe Ice Fishing

kellyann.nicholas

I have read a lot about simcoe's ice fishing. I am from Flamborough and was wondering if any of you could be so kind as to direct me where about to go for the Simcoe ice fishing? Is there a specific park enterance or location to park? I am not familiar with the area at all but reall want to give it a try this year.

Kel

I mostly fish the west side of Cook's Bay which is the lower narrower part of Simcoe. 400North, exit at the Cookstown outlet mall and take 89 east to hwy 11, turn left so that you are heading north and turn right on Killarney beach Road. Follow Killarney beach Road in to Lefroy and go around the bend in town, it is now called Ewart street and you are in a little town called Belle Ewart.

"Love to Fish Simcoe" is there on you left. Bait and supplies and knowledge of where to go is found there! You can park down the road or the at the belle ewart park and walk of the end of the park. Be careful where you park because the town municipality put up no parking signs for snow removal and will ticket you in certain places. If not ask at Love to fish Simcoe where to park.

Just Fyi The west side of Simcoe is NOT fishable not.