Camp Jiggy Jiggy .. Blocks, Ducks and Bass!!!

TJQ

Just got back from three days up at camp, brought up my buildin'drinkin'fishin'huntin' partner Tookie, to make an attempt at putting the floor down for the new Lodge were gonna build. Got there on Wed, and cleared out the area of trees and brush.... Went to Kirkland Lake on Thursday morning to The Castle Building Supply stire to pike up the Blocks, 2x4's and Plywood for the job... Nice store and the crew there was very helpful. The ground over the camp had at least 8 inches of rooty mossy pine needly crap every where which had to be removed and then filled up with sand for a sold base for the 45 blocks.... uuhhg

1.jpg

That morning we heard some quacking down by the dock and there was this mother mallard and her babies there so we decide to see if the would want some bread... Ive never been able to get wild ducks to come in this close...

2.jpg

I couldn't believe how tame the were....

3.jpg

4.jpg

I started bringing in the material, one 4-wheeler load at a time, 10 blocks, 20 2x4's and 4 sheets of plywood a load...

5.jpg

Then the we turned around and the ducks were outta the water and quacking for more bread!!! So... how could ya turn them down!!

6.jpg

Now they won't leave the log in front of the camp!!

7.jpg

After a long day of hauling and leveling those friggin blocks... we decided to do a little topwater for bass, and were they ever on.. heres a couple of the nicer ones...

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Then back to camp for a venison, garlic shrimp and backed potatoe dinner!!

12.jpg

The full next day was nothing but leveling blocks... squaring and putting together the floor.....

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

At one point we had to shoo the ducks away cause we were afraid to step on them.... so Tookie brought them to the other camp and fed them there......

19.jpg

Then another evening of work and viola... a 16 x 32 floor square and level platform for my new 16x20 Hilton from http://www.can-tex.com

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Alll in all it was a great trip... even caught a nice pickeral out in front of camp, found a great new spot for minnows... saw a bear swim across the river and had a nice showing of the northern lights!!!

Going up next weekend for some R & R while the lodge gets manufactured at Can Tex... should be ready early August!!

Nobody ever tell you not to feed a wild animal ?? I know Monique does that every day...but... :D

Looks like a great new home there T.J.

Next weekend .... hmmmm ...wonder if the "renovation supervisor" will miss me for a few hours.....

Edited by irishfield

Those look like black ducks to me.....still pretty friendly birds. They're usually pretty wild. Keep in mind once duck season opens, you can only kill one per day.....:)

Nice lookin platform too......good job!

Sinker

Nice work TJ, well, except for the ducks anyway, you may regret that one lol Where are the pictures of you with fish???

LOL.. Im alkways taking the pictures... I do get the ocassional fish lol.. Thanks for th kudos ... wait till ya see it when its done!!

Hope those ducks stick around during open season.... :whistling:

Doug

Thanks Doug... LOL.. I dont think I could ... umm... you know now... um... gettin soft... Gotta gpo watch Bamabi now... lol

Sooooo...... have you figured out how to get the ducks drunk yet??? Now thats pure entertainment. Nice floor for the new cabin it looks like you have planned for a deck on the front for those sit on the front porch kind of days. Keep us posted I think this is the first time we have actually seen pictures of you doing manual labor.

B.Y.L.H.

Art

Art, you'll notice that there ARE no pics of TJ doing anything that remotely resembles work. That's why he brings Tookie along with him. Just in case something needs to be done.

Art, you'll notice that there ARE no pics of TJ doing anything that remotely resembles work. That's why he brings Tookie along with him. Just in case something needs to be done.

I was just going to say that...I notice that while others do the work, he just sits around and takes pictures...hmmm.... LOL.

Nice little place you got there TJ...where's my map?? :lol:

Oh come on..... I'm the only one who knows how to run the camera... lol.... I figure Ill be able to sleep about 15 people when were done... so ... there will be plenty of invites and maps available!!!