Full Moon Phase Walleyes

T-Bone

We're heading up to Lake Kipawa just over the border into Quebec in a week and will get there right in time for the 2-days before the full moon on July 29th.

I've always heard that walleye feeding activity is much higher during the full moon, but can't say I've ever consciously paid much attention to whether this is true or not.

Most of you fish a lot more than I do, especially for walleyes in Canada. In your opinion, is the walleye activity better during the full moon?

Thanks...as always, I appreciate your insights.

Ive had a few fishing calanders that say so. I believe it affects all fish species.

I do think it will increase your odds but, dont forget to factor in everything else that makes for good fishing!

P.S. - Did you know that the full moon affects humans? It can delay time reactions and overall focus by a 10th of a second or something (dont quote me on that figure). Thats why people seem a little bit slower and brian dead during the full moon time. Also, there seems to be an overall spike in car accidents and such during a full moon. Spooky huh

would the full moon help with the ability to see the bait at all? would that explain it, or its it alot more involved than that? i imagine if you used a dark/bloack lure it would stand out more with the light a full moon provides, no? I actually have no idea, but I was curious about the same sort of thing. i don't get out enough to actually practice half the ideas i have unfortunately