Pigeon Lake Big Island

fisher

Been on Pigeon Lake for 3 days and leaving tomorrow evening. Was hoping to find some walleye and crappie but nothing at all - have only been managing the odd Smallie (of course letting them go right away) and some bite offs of who knows what. 

anyone care to offer some ideas on where we can try tonight or tomorrow morning. Wanted to see if I could zero in on them myself but alas I have to ask for help. 

been trying mid lake humps, channels deep and weed edges. I am stumped. at least the weather has been nice. Only been on this lake once before and that was many many years ago.  Hoping someone can help me salvage this trip so I can at least have a couple of fish pics to remember it by :)

I have only fished Pigeon Lake once a while back and had a decent time. If you want to try it we had good luck fishing the north end of the lake for walleye. It is a rocky bottom and we used a yellow jig head with a minnow. Also if you want to you could try a perch coloured crank bait. The south end of the lake has lots of weeds and we caught a fair few bass there.  We used to fish Sturgeon Lake (I think it flows into Pigeon Lake) but the last couple times we were almost skunked so we haven't been back. I was told the lakes are being overfished by people from the GTA who keep everything they bring in. Good luck with your last day. Would be nice to catch a few nice one's even if just for pictures.

good luck! I only ever fish there for musky (which are currently out of season...although it sounds like some are active!) so I have no advice for you. Hope you can get into some nice fish tomorrow to salvage your trip. Down south of gannons narrows the lake is much shallower. My kids always caught a million bluegill and perch when we go worm and bobber