Moon River and Net Lake

dave1965

Does anyone know of a campground or a place I can bring my pop-up camper in or around the Moon River or surrounding area? We would need boat rental closeby to do some fishing.

Also, we're going to Net Lake in Temagami at the end of this month and staying at Andorra Lodge. It's been many years since we went up there. Any information would be helpful ie fishing, bugs, grocery....

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Edited by dave1965

Moon River/Woods Bay is basically all boat to camp sites in the Massassauga Provincial Park.    You best bet would probably be Killbear PP.  Should be able to rent a boat somewhere in Parry Sound. 

• Like 1

The two closest drive-to campgrounds to the mouth of the Moon R. are Horseshoe Lake (privately owned) and Oastler Lake (Provincial Park).

Moon River Marina on Woods Bay should be able to rent you a boat.  Keep in mind, once out of Woods Bay, this part of G Bay is infested with prop eating shoals...so a lot of marinas have got out of the rental business.

Gordon Bay Marine on Lake Joseph also rents boats...if you want to cruise past the shacks of the rich and famous...

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We have been going to Moon River cottages and rented boats from Bob for years. But that road going to the resort is very long and rough so I was hoping to find a campground that's an easier drive with my camper. 

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by dave1965