Fast fun on the water.

Here is a project I started last fall and and obviously did not get very far with yet. Should be a blast. That is if I ever do finish it. I found the copy of the popular mechanics magazine with the plans in an old abandoned house. It is from the 70s. There used to be a few videos on you tube of them.  They were fast.

DSC00402.JPG

DSC00406.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My friend built something similar back in the 80's and we used to run on Lake Ontario behind his house on the Burlington Beach Strip.
It had a 25 Johnson Seahorse on it and it went like stink, good times.

However, I once strapped a 15 Evinrude on the back of my 16' square back Sportspal (early 80's) and in a straight line it was much, much quicker.  😄
It was literally like a dragster, turning it at full throttle though was a big...NO, NO........ 🤣

It amazes me that I'm still here to share some of these stories.   🤪

So, if you ever get 'er done Barry, we'll want pictures,, or better yet.....video.

• Haha 1

Anybody remember the gold cup races at Bronte Beach it was a good day for a picnic always

I spent many years terrorizing Bronte Creek and Harbour as a kid with a sea flea and a 15hp jonson

http://images.halinet.on.ca/OakvilleImages/Images/BHS/002656626.jpg

image.jpeg.17b910dd445e922b8da0ba52d6376a1e.jpeg

Edited by BITEME
not what i wanted it to do
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2023 at 1:58 PM, Barry Willis said:

Here is a project I started last fall and and obviously did not get very far with yet. Should be a blast. That is if I ever do finish it. I found the copy of the popular mechanics magazine with the plans in an old abandoned house. It is from the 70s. There used to be a few videos on you tube of them.  They were fast.

DSC00402.JPG

DSC00406.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

think you can send me the plans for that one??????

A lot like the sea fleas we use to make and run. You could only put a 3 4 Hp motor or it was over powered and the weigh would sink it with bigger motors

we put an 8 hp on one , two guys had to hold up the back till we took off or it would sink. Gunning it slow speeds you could make the thing jump 10 ft out of  the water 

fun time

and we lived 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BITEME said:

Hockey sticks, plywood, pulleys and clothes line cable mostly tiller control though a steering wheel and throttle control was a luxury that just wasn't always available.

The SeaFlea my friend had, had a tiller extension , 2 inch diameter rubber hose LOL so we had throttle and steering so you could keep your weight forward which seemed to help top end

• Like 1