Northern Ontario Crappie?

Good morning yall. I've just recently moved to the Sudbury area from Florida and if I'm not saltwater fishing I'm out for crappie. And since we lack saltwater here... lol

Now I've used this fish online app to help locate fishing areas but i haven't had any luck finding a lake with the listed crappie, mostly pike and walleye (is it out of date?)

I've driven to a few lakes in the parry sound area but being disabled and getting skunked is discouging and rough on my body. Could anyone help me pin point a lake or group of lakes to try closer to the sudbury area for crappie? Either through PM or here? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

There's definitely Crappie in the French River Delta on Georgian Bay...that's probably the closest place to Sudbury that I know about.

I'm guessing they're in Lake Nipissing too...not sure if in fishable numbers. I've personally never caught one there, but I've heard reports of their existence.

It’s purported that Ramsey Lake right in Sudbury have Crappies. Otherwise, the French R and bodies south. We spend a week on the Key R every summer and get lots (boat access only) but imagine they can be had from shore off the highway. 

Reef

Edited by Reef Runner

10 hours ago, Reef Runner said:

It’s purported that Ramsey Lake right in Sudbury have Crappies. Otherwise, the French R and bodies south. We spend a week on the Key R every summer and get lots (boat access only) but imagine they can be had from shore off the highway. 

Reef

Thank you. Any other small lakes off the highway I could cast from shore? I dont mind the drive if it's fishable and in and out of the boat gets hard week to week so a chair or standing is sometimes better for me and I don't mind a hike through a trail. Thanks again.