Tungsten Weights

KraTToR

Does anyone here have a contact for a good deal on tungsten weights? IE. worm, drop shot, etc. etc. I see some suppliers in the US that sell them in bulk.  Maybe even a group buy if the quantities are large enough.

Thoughts??

P.

I'd be interested, if you happen to put something together.

Especially with a drop shot...if I use lead instead of tungsten, it's like I'm fishing blind. Nevermind that the price for tungsten has gone through the roof, a lot of popular sizes always seem out of stock.

I'd particularly be interested in cylinder weights (1/8 through 1/2 oz)...I prefer a ring eye connection rather than the "pinch"...I like to tie a knot. It gets expensive quick when jumping Smallies shake them off..

Edited by CrowMan

Tungsten is 1.7 times more dense than lead, and it's also harder.

It's all about the feel in bottom contact presentations...with a good rod you can tell if the bottom is mud, sand, gravel or rock. Being smaller for the same weight it also  gets less hang ups, and it gets to the bottom quicker.

Its not only open water...in the ice fishing world, tungsten jigs are all you'll see some guys using.

Can you fish without it, and just use lead or brass...yes...but you know what we're like..every bit of an advantage helps, or at least in your head it does..and fishing is 90% confidence. 

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CrowMan said:

I'd be interested, if you happen to put something together.

Especially with a drop shot...if I use lead instead of tungsten, it's like I'm fishing blind. Nevermind that the price for tungsten has gone through the roof, a lot of popular sizes always seem out of stock.

I'd particularly be interested in cylinder weights (1/8 through 1/2 oz)...I prefer a ring eye connection rather than the "pinch"...I like to tie a knot. It gets expensive quick when jumping Smallies shake them off..

Looks like your style of DS weights are starting to get popular and I agree with you, 1 wt per smallie gets kinda expensive.  Stay tuned, I'm going to start looking for a bulk option.  BTW, I tried worm weights with the wire screw in bit and didn't like them. I prefer to go clean and use a peg. Thoughts??

Bass Weights

On 5/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, KraTToR said:

https://omfishingsinkers.com/tungsten-sinker-c_117.html

Have a look at these, maybe we can pull together a group buy?

image.png.a99ec48e7f92fe5136899e6e5365ced6.png

These look exactly like the ones i purchased from a company out of the states called "heavy metal tungsten" they dont seem to be around anymore. the photos literally look identical to the stuff I have in my terminal box right now.

The Drop shot, flipping bullet weights and nail weights were great. No complaints at all.

However the shakey heads and anything with a weed guard were complete junk. The screw ins and weed guards literally fell off constantly. 

Edited by AKRISONER