Just testing something, please ignore.

lew

8 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

That's some pretty wild looking water there Lew. 40 yeasr's ago I would have attempted in my Sportspal but today I doubt even my boys would. 

When my son was about 10 years old he went down those rapids on a rubber air mattress LOL

34 minutes ago, woodenboater said:

Burleigh Falls ? I used to paddle whitewater canoe but heard that one drop had a really, really nasty rock or something in the drop. I shld go and check it out at low water. Gorgeous view though

Yes, that's Burleigh Falls and I'm just a couple minutes south of there so go thru the area quite often and can't ever remember seeing anyone paddling down those rapids. I often wondered why and maybe the answer is the rock your talking about.

Sure is a purdy place to go though.

13 hours ago, lew said:

Yes, that's Burleigh Falls and I'm just a couple minutes south of there so go thru the area quite often and can't ever remember seeing anyone paddling down those rapids. I often wondered why and maybe the answer is the rock your talking about.

Sure is a purdy place to go though.

Indeed. always tempted to camp at Lovesick Lake Park as some sites have great views.

Your right, that park is in a beautiful location. We used to camp there way back in the 50's before trailers were allowed and they just had wooden platforms to put your tent on. The restaurant right at the entrance to the park is nice too with good food and good prices.

If I can hit it right and sneak into this place before being told to leave as they police it very well because of the danger.  When they open the dam on this particular reservoir which the dam is quite long, the water cascades into a giant water fall plummeting about 100yards straight down the water then goes through a narrow limestone chute going down hill yet, it is deafening like thunder or worse and the scariest thing I have seen in my life. I have never seen water move so fast. it isn't just turbulent, It is literally extremely violent'  I cannot give you the extreme nature of it .It doesn't matter what size log, 45gallon drum or anything else you throw in it this thing (if you can get close enough) it is instantly gone. you just don't see it again. I have a very large and very powerful drone maybe they will let me use it from the top of the dam, I'd get better videos. I just have to get their schedule if they'll give it to me. The first time I seen it when I was fishing they never seen me but I wasn't expecting it so had no video camera. I've been kicked out every time since. Trouble is I have to leave my boat up above on the lake climb up and sneak across the dam without being seen and down the other side. so if they don't see me around my boat they have a pretty good idea where I am, LOL there aren't many places to hide so they always catch me. At least they are nice about it and give me a ride down the dam to my boat. I'm gonna keep trying as this is something to see and hear it really is. If I get it you guys will not believe it. So keep your fingers crossed for me. It is likely going to take some time but well worth the time. If worse comes to worse I'll get a buddy to drop me off with the  boat and come back and get me later that way they won't know I'm there. I don't expect they will put up with me much longer without charging me for trespassing  a visit to the crow bar Hotel.