One for my Daughter

Spiel

Well I decided it was high time to put a rod longer than 7'6" into my Daughter's arsenal.
She does have many options to choose from but any time a rod longer than 7'6" is needed she's had to borrow one of mine.

So as a surprise that she'll see this afternoon I built her an NFC HM St 964-2 (9'6" ~ 6-12 line rating),

and paired it up with a Shimano Twin Power C3000XG.

I'm thinking she'll be quite surprised.  🙂

Madison 1.jpg

Madison 2.jpg

Madison 3.jpg

Madison 4.jpg

Madison 5.jpg

Madison 6.jpg

Madison 7.jpg

• Like 14

Good for you Spiel. That is a very beautiful rod and reel combo it truly is and very practical, I love it. I would be very proud to be standing shoulder to shoulder amongst other anglers with it in my hands. It is so nice to see parents getting there youngsters into fishing. Thanks to old Pappy here my whole family including my Grand children and especially my wife are very much into it. I do not know about these days but back in the 80s fishing was the fastest growing outdoor sport in North America. Sadly in todays society it seems to have died off some what. I am sure your daughter will have many pleasurable hours reeling in lunkers with it.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, misfish said:

That is a sweet blank buddy and a real nice gift. Hope she does not say,reely dad,a rod ? LOL

GREAT GIFT

And a reel, thanks Brian. :)

1 hour ago, Big Cliff said:

Another masterpiece 🤗

Thank you Cliff, no grammatical errors on this one.   😄

2 hours ago, mamona said:

Beautiful work Spiel, she will be happy for sure :clapping:

Thank you Mamona, she'll be here an hour. She has seen it in progress but had no idea it was for her. ;)

4 hours ago, CrowMan said:

Wow very nice ! Beautiful rod and that reel is top shelf ! Lucky girl to have a Dad like you...

Thank you Sir, most kind. :)

4 hours ago, Barry Willis said:

Good for you Spiel. That is a very beautiful rod and reel combo it truly is and very practical, I love it. I would be very proud to be standing shoulder to shoulder amongst other anglers with it in my hands. It is so nice to see parents getting there youngsters into fishing. Thanks to old Pappy here my whole family including my Grand children and especially my wife are very much into it. I do not know about these days but back in the 80s fishing was the fastest growing outdoor sport in North America. Sadly in todays society it seems to have died off some what. I am sure your daughter will have many pleasurable hours reeling in lunkers with it.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Barry. She's not a young'n these days as she'll be 30 this year. She is however the only one of my 3 who still loves to go fishing, so ya.....I spoil her.

6 hours ago, Spiel said:

Well I decided it was high time to put a rod longer than 7'6" into my Daughter's arsenal.
She does have many options to choose from but any time a rod longer than 7'6" is needed she's had to borrow one of mine.

So as a surprise that she'll see this afternoon I built her an NFC HM St 964-2 (9'6" ~ 6-12 line rating),

and paired it up with a Shimano Twin Power C3000XG.

I'm thinking she'll be quite surprised.  🙂

Madison 1.jpg

Madison 2.jpg

Madison 3.jpg

Madison 4.jpg

Madison 5.jpg

Madison 6.jpg

Madison 7.jpg

Very cool. Will you adopt me please...:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John said:

Very cool. Will you adopt me please...:)

Adopt, hmmm, I don't know but I do know you're welcome in my home anytime Sir.  :)

13 hours ago, limeyangler said:

You should adopt me, I’m house trained!

Joking aside, what a cool rod, great job, she will love it no doubt.

You too Simon I welcome in my home anytime.  :)

13 hours ago, strik said:

Incredible, beautiful set up

Thank you Stik.  :)

11 hours ago, Whopper said:

Chris your a true artist.

Thank you Phil, most kind.  :)

2 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

If you like Spiel I can set up you up with some good Drum way points she may want to brake the rod in👍😂

There's never been any doubt in my mind Pal. When it comes to Sheephead you Sir are without peers.  ;) 😄

• Haha 1