I need a new rain suit and am open to suggestions

Headhunter

After many years of abuse, my Costco special rain suit just aint cutting it anymore. I've seen suits prices from rally cheap all the way to are you freakin kidding me! I am hoping to avoid the "are you freakin kiding me" price range, but am open to pricing based on quality. At my age, this will likely be my last rain suit.

All help is appreciated!

HH

Howdy Headhunter, I don't know if you are familiar with this company, Temu? They're new to Canada, similar to Amazon but a wider selection and great prices. They may have something suitable. I bought a pair of tactical hiking boots from them and the boots far exceeded my expectations for what I paid for them. Good luck. 

The price is atmospheric, but the Simms Pro-Dry outfit is the best of the best. I've had the jacket and bibs for 4 years now and there isn't a single negative to say that I've come across. I'm sure it'll be the last rain gear I'll ever own. It's kept me bone dry bombing down the lake at 45mph in a tropical deluge.  Any gear can be made water-proof, but its the breathability that sets it apart. You only get that with 3-ply GoreTex, nothing else compares. Simms also has a lot of great features that are specifically designed for fisherman...like a micro-fiber cloth for cleaning your glasses built into the chest pocket, and neoprene cuffs that keep the water from rolling down your sleeve when casting.

Over the years I've had Patagonia, Cabela's, BPS, Bare, Gill, and Peter Storm...all either failed me or wore out.

The Simms Challenger line comes in at a friendlier price point...a lot of the same great features and quality construction, just a slightly less breathable fabric.

Considering how much $$$ I spend on other aspects of fishing, and the value of spending every possible minute being comfortable on the water....rain gear is one item I've learned not to skimp on..

Thanks to all that replied! I just ordered the Cabelas Xtreme Jacket and Bib, both on sale right now! Thanks Bill!

Barry, I checked out that site, but the offerings don't seem much better than what I have, thanks for your consideration.

Crowman, thanks for this! Just a bit late though, but good info for the next person asking!

HH

Edited by Headhunter
  • Like 1

Just an FYI for those who may be interested...

The bibs are on sale for $149 from $269 and the jacket is on for $149 from $199. Couldn't pass up the savings. If I don't like what they send me, I'll just send it back and keep looking. I have until May 24 before I need it.

HH

Edited by Headhunter