Boat Cleaning

FLEX ROD

Well after a long time I finally found a boat that both the family and I agreed on, a 20.5 Glastron 5.0 volvo fish and ski model.

Sorry having posting issues, I am looking for info on which products people use to clean the inside of the boat and what you use to clean the Hull and which wax do you recommend. 

Thank you,

FLEX

• Like 1

Thanks Barry, I was looking for some time until I found this, looking forward to getting her in the water. 

All she needs is a good cleaning that's why I am asking what people recommend. 

FLEX  - John 

I'll bet it did take some time to find it, the right one. Patience pays off. I'd be anxious to get in the water to. There'd be a lot of sleepless nights. They make a very nice boat and in my decades of experience and personal opinion it's hard to beat a Volvo especially for dependability.   I've tried several but I swear by Star Brite for cleaning every where and anywhere. It's easy to use and it works.  I hope they haven't changed their formula or you will be cursing me Haha. 

To clean up the bottom, toilet bowl cleaner will strip any iron deposits and old coatings off of the boat. 

id then suggest at minimum a claybar, or at best a very light high speed polish with compound. After that’s done coat the thing with turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic coating. Then wipe down after use with hybrid solutions ceramic quick detailer. 

wax is a waste of time in 2023, the new ceramic and graphene products are much better in every performance aspect. Trust me I was a super skeptic, until I used them, I’ll never go back.