New to me Boat

FLEX ROD

Long time no post, just life being crazy.

I finally found a boat that I like and the price was not totally crazy.

20'5 Glastron fish and ski with a Volvo 5.0 and a 70lbs electric.  

My question is about paying HST, the owner will give me a receipt do I have to pay the tax on the whole thing or can I ask him for 2 receipts and pay tax just on the trailer?

Any advice on how to save some money here is greatly appreciated as I am spending $24k on the package. 

Thank you, 

FLEX

Thanks for your reply, I read that you can do 3 receipts, 1 for the boat 1 for the trailer and 1 for the motor so you only pay tax on boat and trailer?

Any thoughts, 

Thanks FLEX

just throwing it out there, I never paid the tax on my 98 skeeter, i registered it with the feds, did the trailer with the province and as far as I was concerned I had gone fully legit. No one ever sent me anything saying otherwise. Different story when I imported one from the states, I had to pay everything up front at the border.

Also, when I went to service ontario to do the trailer I think I told them the trailer was worth $1,000 the lady at the desk was basically like, what do you want to say this trailer costs?  I probably could have told her $10 she didnt seem to care at all.

• Thanks 1