Looking for fishing lodge possible pontoon boat

jnic

Take a look at Tumblehome Lodge on Crotch Lake. Even though it's not "way up north", the lake feels quite remote as the shoreline is over 95% crown land, with only a couple of cottages on the entire lake. Rugged granite topography with lots of islands and structure. Excellent Smallmouth fishing, and there's a couple of really good year classes of slot-size Walleye in the lake right now. There's Pike, Largemouth and Perch too.

The lodge just got some brand new Bennington pontoons with Yamahas and fishfinders last year. The lodge owners runs a top notch operation. 

http://www.tumblehomelodge.com/

Thanks but I am looking for more north, crotch to close to home, have found whitefish lodge wawa and waterfalls near Sudbury and Wosely lodge on French river even a 16 ft with ice seats and set up would do. Thanks jeff

Edited by jnic

6 hours ago, Reelpro said:

Kipawa Outpost - Houseboat rentals - fish all day/night from the back deck 

Wow, I remember them from back in the 80's so they've been around forever. Would often see them moored behind the small island in the shortcut near Corbeau.

Temagami has a couple of houseboat rental place, we went with Leisure Island. Great lake, nice people and you can get away to some pretty secluded spots, water is excellent, fishing is good.

If you like secluded spots - check out a map of Lake Kipawa .

2000 kms of shorelines, and only a few camps/cottages on the entire Lake.

Hundreds of secluded, protected bays for anchorages.

Terrific fishing for Walleye,Smallmouth Bass, Lake Trout and Pike

Only 3-4 hrs from the GTA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reelpro said:

If you like secluded spots - check out a map of Lake Kipawa .

2000 kms of shorelines, and only a few camps/cottages on the entire Lake.

Hundreds of secluded, protected bays for anchorages.

Terrific fishing for Walleye,Smallmouth Bass, Lake Trout and Pike

Only 3-4 hrs from the GTA

I can only imagine how quiet it is up there now in the hub area with so many lodges closed. Most of my close to 20 times up there were back in the 80s and 90s, and even back then there were only a couple spots where it got "busy" on weekends. Some day trippers would take the 10 mile ride up to Corbeau and troll the Corbeau run for Lakers. In the evenings for Walleye there'd be certain spots of course that lodge clients would visit. Sandbank would be good for a few weeks and it was close to both Corbeau and Alwaki lodges. Corbeau is long gone now and Alwaki is still functioning basically but is for sale in 3 different parcels. They already sold their real nice outpost cottage, that was another 4 miles away up Turtle Chute. That leaves Kipawa Lodge as the next one and that's a 22 mile run so you sure won't be seeing many people all week long. Definitely seclusion without the fly in. One of the best features in my mind of the huge Kipawa watershed after it's raw beauty is it's unique basic X shape and numerous off shoots and islands means you can always find areas to explore and fish out of the wind. Cheers