Banana's

Dara

Just wondering what you all think.

I know bananas are bad in a boat but what about ice fishing.

My buddy is bringing bananas ice fishing. Just on sleds to backwoods lakes and no hut.

He isn't doing well, I'm not doing great but not bad.

You think the skunk is touching without even a boat?

Should I say something to him?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hahaha, I think it's an old wives tale that goes something like this.  Way back when merchant ship were ferrying banana's, they ended up bringing spiders along and unfortunately some sailors were bit and either suffered or died.  That's why the taboo of banana's on board.  If I no mistaken, I swear I remember seeing banana fish attractant for sale.

4 minutes ago, Spiel said:

Meh, old wives tale, I've never had issues catching fish with Banana's in the boa, even when someone has hid them in my boat. 😆

People hide bananas in your boat...were you in a derby with them

Not sure about that. On one northern trip we took a few bananas with our lunches and the pike bite was pretty hot so we tossed ribbons of the peel on hooks and landed more than a few on those peels lol.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:49 AM, Spiel said:

It was at a Lakair gathering and there's a good chance it was at the Pike Derby, is that right......Aplumma?  😄

Ok, so not a real derby then  🙂

On 3/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, ketchenany said:

Take a couple of these instead. 

AAA26404-1908-4DFA-8389-E9ABC26C7755.png

The neighbouring hunt camp brought in a bottle of that STUFF to welcome us to their part of the country.  It was pretty vile. but we drank it.  Chaos ensued.  Somebody's underwear got ripped off and hung up.  Somebody tried to cook popcorn and there was popcorn absolutely everywhere.  The upholstered furniture that came with the camp got stained permanently.  It was a total train wreck.

My advice:  if you want bananas, eat them don't drink them.

Doug

22 minutes ago, akaShag said:

The neighbouring hunt camp brought in a bottle of that STUFF to welcome us to their part of the country.  It was pretty vile. but we drank it.  Chaos ensued.  Somebody's underwear got ripped off and hung up.  Somebody tried to cook popcorn and there was popcorn absolutely everywhere.  The upholstered furniture that came with the camp got stained permanently.  It was a total train wreck.

Doug

Holy crap, was that you?...one of our best parties ever....

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, akaShag said:

Doug

or catch one     https://aubtu.biz/man-stunned-after-catching-super-rare-giant-banana-colored-catfish-in-netherlands/?utm_source=LA98&utm_medium=dogloverclubpage&utm_campaign=CarolynMullet&utm_content=Animals&utm_term=23Mar

Edited by dave524