Lithium Batteries

CrowMan

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

The concerns listed here about lithium voiding warranties is dead, all of the major motor manufacturers have changed their stance on lithiums.

I recall seeing certain brands being approved say on the Merc four strokes. Haven't seen anything on the Opti's yet. Issues with the alternator or something from some quick reading. But I know a few who have run with no issues. Thinking to retire my Northstar, as it will be the ninth season. Seems to be fine, but not sure if I trust it with a pair of 12's and Active Target anymore.

Anyhow, interesting to see what brands everyone is targeting and what the best value seems to be.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MJIG said:

Have those who bought new lithium batteries for their trolling motors got any follow-up reports for this year yet (good or bad), including brand and model?

I bought mine (2 12v60ah size 24) from canbat early last season and was very happy with them. I left them at the charge they were at when I put the boat away last fall (70% or so) and they stayed that way all winter (inside a garage heated at 10 degrees). Topped them up for opener last week just fine. Two 6 hour days since then and they seem to be working as well as last year.  No complaints at all.

4 hours ago, MJIG said:

Have those who bought new lithium batteries for their trolling motors got any follow-up reports for this year yet (good or bad), including brand and model?

I ended up buying the AOLithium 12v 100a. It's mainly for a MK 55lb Endura transom mount on a small jon boat. Got it for $589 cdn delivered. There are obviously less expensive, and more expensive options out there.

For me, this choice seemed to be the best value proposition...8 year warranty, Bluetooth monitoring built-in, BMS with overcharging and cold weather protection, reputable company, and lots of solid reviews. Really haven't used it much as of yet. Ran it for about an hour and it was barely depleted according to the Bluetooth app.

I will say the light weight is incredible compared to my old lead-acid and AGM's...for my main purpose of packing it into back lakes, my shoulder and back are already thanking me. On top of that, considering I was lucky to get 4 to 5 years out of a LA or AGM, I think it was money well spent. Probably will replace with the same for the Terranova on my Lund when the time comes.

Speaking of which...spot lock on my TerraNova kept us on top of some fish this morning. Got a few slot size fish (FMZ18) for a fish fry tonight, and released a few bigger ones..

Crotch5.jpg.f8594493bfc186cdaf87da91ab66b8b7.jpg

Edited by CrowMan

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be some reason that Canbat hasn’t been able to successfully market over to eastern Canada. They are the biggest lithium company in Canada based in BC.

They have the most skus for different amp hours it seems and the 10 year warranty includes them paying for your warranty shipping. Used them for the first time over the weekend and they seem fantastic. I have a set of ionic as well and those were like $1000 per battery. $500 tax in for 50amp Canbat shipped to my door and I have them wired parallel to power a 24v maxxum. The $60 Bluetooth battery status is worth it and you’ll find you’ll need to charge once every 2-3 trips most of the time. 

Edited by EC1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting on a pair of 100 AH AO Lithium batteries to run my TM and when on vacay in my new camping rig it will run it too. Need to swap out the solar charge controller in the new camper though as I believe it doesn't support lithium. I'll have to see, maybe I'll get lucky. ;)  

350291923_3314433248701821_7282973725136974349_n.jpg.7d32657f9d61a5cd63def44919edd9cf.jpg

Edited by DRIFTER_016
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I'm waiting on a pair of 100 AH AO Lithium batteries to run my TM and when on vacay in my ne camping rig it will run it too. Need to swap out the solar charge controller in the new camper though as I believe it doesn't support lithium. I'll have to see, maybe I'll get lucky. ;)  

350291923_3314433248701821_7282973725136974349_n.jpg.7d32657f9d61a5cd63def44919edd9cf.jpg

That is a very sharp looking rig!!!  What model is the Ford?  And box length?  I have had several truck campers and loved them, but when I went back to an F-150 from an F-250, the choice narrowed dramatically.  (And I want a WET toilet!)

Doug

21 hours ago, akaShag said:

That is a very sharp looking rig!!!  What model is the Ford?  And box length?  I have had several truck campers and loved them, but when I went back to an F-150 from an F-250, the choice narrowed dramatically.  (And I want a WET toilet!)

Doug

It's an F150 hybrid.

Camper is at the max payload and has a cassette toilet which I'll probably never use and inside/outside showers. Probably never use the inside one. Am going to change the washroom into a clothes closet. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well AOLithium went and cancelled the order on me because their shipper doesn't ship here.

They haven't refunded my $$$ either. Been more than a month and still haven't got my $$$ back. So I would say stay away from this company.

I am not impressed. 🤬

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Well AOLithium went and cancelled the order on me because their shipper doesn't ship here.

They haven't refunded my $$$ either. Been more than a month and still haven't got my $$$ back. So I would say stay away from this company.

I am not impressed. 🤬

I had a seamless transaction with them...delivery in 3 days as promised. Did you order through .com or .ca site or Amazon ?

I would just call your CC company and have them cancel the charges due to non-delivery of goods.

Edited by CrowMan

12 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Can't remember if it was .ca or .com.

Working with PayPal on reimbursement.

FYI PayPal will charge you for this.

a guy down in the states ripped me off on a Garmin unit I bought. Had to escalate it and they charged me $90 for the escalation 

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

FYI PayPal will charge you for this.

I know this is a fishing board, but some of us are also hunters.  FWIW, PayPal is anti-gun.  I refuse to deal with them.  Sorry for the hijack.

Doug

• Like 3