To-nights Supper

Barry Willis

A number of years ago I had an opportunity to go to Duncanby Lodge at Rivers Inlet BC. 

Duncanby Lodge

I won the the trip through a promotion at one of my suppliers; I could have never afforded this trip on my own. That being said, it was an amazing fishing trip! I won't go into the lodge's accommodations, staff, 5 star meals from the kitchens, or the guides we had. Just check out the site. The fishing was unbelievably crazy. Huge salmon, numbers of Rock fish and then bringing up a Halibut from 300 FOW is unforgettable! Flew into Vancouver, spent the night, next morning got on a seaplane and flew to Northern BC to the lodge.  One of the guys (a friend from here in London) that was on the boat with me caught a Tyee (A Salmon over 30 inches) and released it. The lodge promoted this by giving a hand carved wooden reel to whoever did this. 

My brother in-law lives in BC and wouldn't know which end of a fishing pole to hold. Such a great fishery that he's never thought of as a thing to do with his son, let alone for himself??? 

Dan...

• Like 1

I kept in touch with Andy K for many years as well. We both liked to fish the Massasauga an shared many spots with each other that are still on my paper laminated map.

He dated a girl and got her into camping there with him. They eventually got married and had a place in Barrie. After that his website went dormant.

I lost touch with him after that. 😪

I kept in touch with Andy K for many years as well. We both liked to fish the Massasauga an shared many spots with each other that are still on my paper laminated map.

He dated a girl and got her into camping there with him. They eventually got married and had a place in Barrie. After that his website went dormant.

I lost touch with him after that. 😪

That would have been an amazing fishing trip DanD, trip of a lifetime in my books. They put together a very nice package and spared no expense. Every where I've been in BC the fishing has been incredible. Very scenic country. That's beautiful hand carved wooden reel you friend was awarded.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I had a brother that lived in Penticton, he was an electrician and worked in the mines in northern BC. They would fly him in and out by helicopter. Quite often they would jump in the chopper after supper and fly into secluded lakes for some fishing. There was one time he hooked a large what I believe was a Dolly Varden. He must have had a bad spot in his line as it broke. He tied on another spoon and took a cast and hooked the same fish. This time he got the fish in and retrieved his spoon. My Dad had the same thing happen with about a 30lb northern on Manitoulin Island where he was born and raised.