WOW

There is no better way to describe it! Just WOW!

I decided it was time to upgrade my car, it was a 2019 Rav 4 and had almost 110,000 km on it. I really liked the car, it had served me well but when I went to try to get a new one the local sales rep didn't seem too interested so I decided to look at other options.

I ended up going to the local Hyundai dealership, Carmax to see what they had. From the moment I walked in the door I felt comfortable, I was greeted with a friendly smile by Colin the sales manager. I explained I was just "kicking tires" at the moment, wondered what I might get as a trade in, wanted to see what they might have available. Colin was fantastic, asked about what things were important to me and explained some of the options then answered countless questions. He was so easy to deal with, no pressure, no push to up sell, he gave me a great deal on my trade in.

Long story short, I ended up buying a new Santa Fe AWD Preferred Trend package and I couldn't be happier, I am looking forward to years of comfort and service above and beyond anything I have seen in many years.

A big shout out to Colin and the rest of the staff at Carmax in Lindsay!

• Thanks 1

Sounds like you had a great sales experience. In my 40+ year career in sales, in one capacity or another, my philosophy has always been..."customers love to buy, but hate being sold to".

Hyundai has sure come a long way. They're now near the top of a lot of lists for build quality and reliability. Not always the case...back in the early '80's, my buddy bought a brand new Pony...it lasted about 6 months before it literally fell apart..

hyundai-1-1575903969.jpg.6e38c96eb42799c8aaf3bb9d07465bcf.jpg

Edited by CrowMan

Cliff and Steve:  Make sure you get them undercoated My 2009 Santa Fe (used) rusted out so badly Hyundai wouldn't put it on the hoist last March to do the work on a recall issue...

2017 Nissan Rouge Platinum running nicely...

Would still get a Hyundai SUV but never a sedan...Like sitting on the road...LOL

22 hours ago, Beans said:

Cliff and Steve:  Make sure you get them undercoated My 2009 Santa Fe (used) rusted out so badly Hyundai wouldn't put it on the hoist last March to do the work on a recall issue...

Would still get a Hyundai SUV but never a sedan...Like sitting on the road...LOL

Dealer undercoating is not what you want I have been told, costly. I used Krown on my 2016 Jeep, had it done two consecutive years and then every other. $129.00. Now going on. 7 years and just like new. 

10 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Before I buy any motor vehicles I check, Hyundai and Kia have had some real problems, engines and transmissions,  I'd push a wheelbarrow before I'd buy one of them.

Well I walked away from GMs after a new car ended up in the shop 9 times in less that 80k km for majour problems and GM wouldn't do anything to help me until I  threatened to paint lemons on it and park it in front of the dealership. They finally agreed to have the dealership go over the car one last time, cost $1600,00 just in parts. I sold it the next day. 

I have had 3 Nissans, one had to have the engine replaced within the first 10k, it was faulty from the day I picked it up, the last one had so many issues with it right from day one,  even the dealer just shook his head. 

My last Toyota was pretty good until the dealership started to nickel and dime me, told me I needed new brakes......., took it elseware, brakes were still 50%,  when I  did decide to try and trade up, they gave me a much lower trade in value than what I got and they didn't seem at all interested, perhaps because delivery on what I wanted was 6 months or more out. Up until covid hit and supply started going down hill, they had been fantastic to deal with. I got the feeling they were trying to make up for the lack of sales by service work.

I did a lot of research before I signed on the dotted line and I am comfortable with not only the manufacturer but the dealership. 

I have only had this one for a week now and I am so impressed in the way it handles, it is so much quieter on the road, much more comfortable than the RAV 4, the layout of the controles is easier to see and access.... 

I don't think there is a manufacturer out there that doesn't have some issues, it's how they and the dealership respond to thoes issues that make the difference. 😊

Edited by Big Cliff
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2023 at 6:30 PM, Beans said:

Our 2 Santa Fe's are 2013 and 2014. Took them to Krown for rusting proofing every year accept this year. Stopped this year because we plan on getting rid of both., just because I have always had a 10 year and get new policy. And Beansie I definitely agree about the sedans with regards to the Accent anyway. That thing was absolutely terrible to drive on snowy roads. Never again.

13 minutes ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Our 2 Santa Fe's are 2013 and 2014. Took them to Krown for rusting proofing every year accept this year. Stopped this year because we plan on getting rid of both., just because I have always had a 10 year and get new policy. And Beansie I definitely agree about the sedans with regards to the Accent anyway. That thing was absolutely terrible to drive on snowy roads. Never again.

I took the Santa Fe out in that snow last Friday, wanted to see how the AWD handled in the snow. Pulled into a fairly steep driveway that hadn't been cleared yet. Stopped then backed out, didn't even slip a tire. It was like driving on dry pavement. I was going to put snow tires on it but I am leaving for Myrtle Beach soon and won't be back until mid April. This thing is amazing!

• Like 1

Hear you  Cliff. Happy with both our Santa Fe's in the snow. Previous to the Santa Fe's we had a 2008 Hyundai Accent. It was Debs back and forth to work car. Hardly  ever got on the highway. She complained once in awhile how terrible it was in icy conditions but it was an in town only car that rarely travelled more then 10-15KM a day so we lived with it. Once we got the 2013 Santa Fe she loved sitting in a higher vehicle and the better/safer  driving it gave us. And we swore we would never get another smaller car. Having said all that the Accent served us well and was reliable for how we used it, which is why we stuck with Hyundai.

• Like 1