WOMEN WHO FISH HAVE GREATER GRIT AND SELF-ESTEEM ACCORDING TO NEW RESEARCH

David Chong

Well the women I know who fish most certainly do. 

I'd post some pictures of them doing so but I don't have their permission....yet.    ;)

Well wait, there's one and she's my daughter so here ya go.
She's been a strong headed self determined individual all the way back to her diaper filling days.
And she fishes out of the one man portable Ice hut I built almost 4 decades ago.

*Note.....she also caught the Channel Cats, she just wouldn't hold them.  😆

20180116_165509 (1).jpg

20180116_172121 (1).jpg

20180116_152609 (1).jpg

20210408_132149.jpg

Mad simcoe.JPG

M1.png

Picture 075.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_9147.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

• Like 3

My sister in-law (Rest in peace) was an amazing fisher and outdoors person. That lady consistently out fished any of us. Then she also new how to clean and cook the fish like no one else I have ever seen! What an amazing 90lb, 5 foot tall outdoors lady she was. Oh man I miss joining in with my brother's and Betty's outdoor adventures. She could field dress a deer or moose and not barely get dirty doing so. I still laugh about the time they got a bull moose. Betty dressed it and they both bragged it to the boat. Brother insisted to put the moose in the boat (12 foot tinny) Betty said it'll float just get it in the water.  Nope brother put it in the boat and pushed the boat into the river. Yep the boat sunk with the weight; but the moose popped up to the surface. LOL

Dan...

What a sweat smile!!!!! Reminds me of my granddaughter.

20180116_152609 (1).jpg

Edited by DanD
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, DanD said:

My sister in-law (Rest in peace) was an amazing fisher and outdoors person. That lady consistently out fished any of us. Then she also new how to clean and cook the fish like no one else I have ever seen! What an amazing 90lb, 5 foot tall outdoors lady she was. Oh man I miss joining in with my brother's and Betty's outdoor adventures. She could field dress a deer or moose and not barely get dirty doing so. I still laugh about the time they got a bull moose. Betty dressed it and they both bragged it to the boat. Brother insisted to put the moose in the boat (12 foot tinny) Betty said it'll float just get it in the water.  Nope brother put it in the boat and pushed the boat into the river. Yep the boat sunk with the weight; but the moose popped up to the surface. LOL

Dan...

What a sweat smile!!!!! Reminds me of my granddaughter.

20180116_152609 (1).jpg

Sounds like you have some awesome memories of her!!! Love the moose story! LOL

There is some truth to this. Some folks go for years trying to find the perfect fishing partner, I married mine. After 52 years she's kicking my butt more frequently, catching more and bigger fish than me. (She had a good teacher, Haha) Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to post a couple pics I wanted of her with a ten pound walleye and a forty pound chinook. Hopefully she doesn't see this as she will start rubbing it in again. LOL.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, David Chong said:

Sounds like you have some awesome memories of her!!! Love the moose story! LOL

She was amazing lady in every sense of the word. Go to a dance or some form of social event; she could dress up like a queen and could hold her own in any conversation. She came with us on an ice fishing weekend. 12 guys and she was the only woman there. Played poker like a champ and took most of our quarters (25 cent) high bids. LOL Had to yell at her to sit down while my buddy and I made supper and did the dishes. You came as a part of our crew; not our maid! Yeah I loved her as much as my blood sisters. My brother (Rest in Peace) was a lucky man to find her!!!

Dan...

• Like 3