Lake Simcoe JUMBO Throwdown

David Chong

This is a new on-line live release ice fishing tournament that will take place on Lake Simcoe from Sat. Jan. 21-Feb. 26, 2023! This will be facilitated on the FishDonkey app, the world's premier on-line tournament app! There are 2 prize pools, one for the longest perch and one for the greatest length on your best 5 perch! Paybacks listed on the app are based on 200 anglers/registrants and there will be numerous draw prizes for all registered anglers ranging in value from $200 to $600. If we reach that number there should be over 200% payback in cash & prizes and we are adding new sponsors & prizes every day! Part of the proceeds will also go to Canadian Tire's Jumpstart Program!

There is an "Early Bird" draw for anglers registered by 11:59PM Sat. Jan. 14th, 2023 See details attached, please feel free to post any questions! Good luck!

CTC JumpStart Logo-003.jpeg

2023 Lake Simcoe JUMBO Throwdown Poster.pdf 2023 Lake Simcoe JUMBO Throwdown Details.pdf

I do believe that there is almost $10k available in draw prizes fro which you just have to be registered, you don't even have to submit/enter a fish! There is also the 13Fishing Mystery Length Prize Pack which consist of $1,000 worth of 13Fishing, Rapala, VMC & Sufix products! There will also be some more BIG news coming down the pipe! The earlier that you're registered the more prize draws that you're eligible for!

13 Fishing Mystery Length Prize Pack.jpg

Edited by David Chong

if only we had some ice making weather 😒

This looks like an open water tournament for the foreseeable future.

what a season were having thus far. The prizes set up for this tournament are impressive. I noticed yesterday there were already winners and they haven't even wet a line yet. Impressive.

• Like 1

This event runs for over 5 weeks starting Sat. Jan. 21, 2023 through Sun. Feb. 26, 2023! We will definitely have ice for the event! There has never been a winter where we haven't had safe ice for perch fishing, not since I've been fishing anyway! If anyone knows of a year, please share...

2 hours ago, David Chong said:

This event runs for over 5 weeks starting Sat. Jan. 21, 2023 through Sun. Feb. 26, 2023! We will definitely have ice for the event! There has never been a winter where we haven't had safe ice for perch fishing, not since I've been fishing anyway! If anyone knows of a year, please share...

I hope it works out dave, was speaking with Doug Gillham meteorologist from the weather network and we are quickly approaching the lowest ice coverage year in the recorded history of the Great Lakes. 

not good, not good at all.

• Like 1