New to this forum

Kashan Khan

Like a lot of folks, my first experience fishing was when I was 5 years old. Catching Rock Bass and Sunfish off the cottage dock...piece of worm, red & white bobber, push- button Zebco spincaster...simple times, but with that first taste, "the tug became the drug"

60 years later and 100's of 1000's of dollars spent on gear, boats and trips...I'm still hooked (excuse the pun).

Welcome to what I hope becomes a life long passion.

• Like 2

when I was 2 my parents would only give me a stick with string on it (no hook). At the time we lived on the shores of Erie. Apparently some older kids would distract me, then one would tie a sheephead (drum) to the line. I would then drag that sheephead around all day. Don't remember any of this but I guess that was the start.

On 11/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, CrowMan said:

Like a lot of folks, my first experience fishing was when I was 5 years old. Catching Rock Bass and Sunfish off the cottage dock...piece of worm, red & white bobber, push- button Zebco spincaster...simple times, but with that first taste, "the tug became the drug"

60 years later and 100's of 1000's of dollars spent on gear, boats and trips...I'm still hooked (excuse the pun).

Welcome to what I hope becomes a life long passion.

Now which boat do you have? 

8 minutes ago, Kashan Khan said:

Now which boat do you have? 

I have several watercraft...stand up paddle boards, canoes, paddle boat, kayaks, rubber dinghy, SeaDoos, aluminum outboard, fiberglass stern drive...all of them at some point have been used for fishing. 

I have a cottage and a big family...everyone wants to be entertained 

Welcome Kashan we are glad you are here. I started fishing when i was 4 years old. I would go fishing with my Dad or Uncles in the Bayous of Louisiana. I remember my Uncle Bennie when asked if the fish I caught was to small to keep and he said " if it has 2 eyes it is big enough." We would often catch Crappie and Bluegills and have a fish fry with the neighbors. 

Cheers

Art

• Like 1

Welcome Kashan. I grew up in England fishing the rivers, float and fly fishing for trout and in the sea (North Sea) for cod, whiting, mackerel and anything else that would bite. I guess the drug is the tug as they say and I skipped school to satisfy my addiction. As I grew older, motorcycles, cars and girls got in the way and fishing took a back seat until I came to Canada in 1973. Then I discovered the wonderful bounty of Walleye, Bass, Northerns and Muskie.

Be well and tight lines...

John

• Like 2